Good news! PF subscribers can nominate online: Here’s how to make an EPF e-nomination
Appointment is very important to ensure that financially dependent people get their rightful money without too much hassle in the event of the unfortunate death of the investor – whether in the case of a savings bank account, a fixed deposit (FD), an RD, an EPF, a PPF, an MF, insurance or others.
For investors to exercise the nomination option, the respective regulators now make it mandatory to complete the nomination section to make further investments.
In addition to making the appointment mandatory, efforts are also being made to facilitate the process using technology.
Following the trend, the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has provided PF members with the option to make an electronic nomination and also encourages members to exercise the option if the nomination is not made.
If you are a PF member, you must meet the following conditions for e-nomination:
- Your UAN must be activated and linked to Aadhaar.
- Your mobile number must be linked to Aadhaar.
- You have an updated member profile with photo and address.
- You will need a scanned photo of the candidate in JPG format (Size 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm).
- Nominee Aadhaar, bank account number with IFSC and address are also required.
If you have different mobile numbers on the Aadhaar and EPF site, you must first change the number listed on the PF member portal to the number linked to Aadhaar to receive the OTP and complete the e-nomination process .
Electronic application steps
For the e-nomination, you must follow the following steps:
- Open the PF Member Portal (unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/)
- Login with UAN and password.
- Select E-Nomination under the Manage tab.
- On the tab that will appear on the screen, enter the required details.
- Click “Yes” to update the family declaration.
- Click “Add Family Details” (multiple applicants can be added).
- Click on “Nomination Details” to report the share percentage per candidate, then click save EPF nomination.
- Click on E-sign to generate the OTP sent to the mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
If necessary, you can remove existing candidate(s) and/or add other people as candidate(s), after updating your member profile.