How to Pray Effectively | Daily Trust
The Bible clearly says you should pray. He says, when you pray. James 5:13 says, “Are any of you grieved?” Some are afflicted with illness, unemployment, poverty, backwardness, complete stagnation, failure, rejection, etc. “…let him pray…” He didn’t say to let him cry. He didn’t say let him run to friends, he said let him pray! Prayer is the key to ending affliction. Prayer is what you need to survive every demonic attack on you. Prayer is the key to securing freedom. Prayer is the key to achieving victory over your adversaries. Prayer is the church’s lifeline, prayer is the believer’s lifeline. It is through prayer that you obtain the divine strategy for winning. James 1:5, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all simply and without reproach; and it will be given to him. Prayer is the key to gaining God’s power for a profitable life. Pray if you want to win.
12 ways to make your prayer effective
The Bible clearly indicates that there is a type of prayer that is effective. James 5:16b says, “The effectual and fervent prayer of a righteous man is very helpful.” NIRV says, “The prayer of a godly person is powerful. It gets things done.” The NLT says: “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and marvelous results. Believe me, sincere prayer produces amazing results. If not, it means you did not meet the requirements.
Let me share with you twelve ways to make your prayer work.
1. Pray without distractions. Go into your closet…Matthew 6:6
2. Pray for something specific. What are the things you desire when you pray.. Specific things. Mark 11:24. Not Father, bless me, help me… but something specific.
3. Pray without sin in your heart. Psalm 66:18, “If I look at the iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. » The state of your heart determines your success in prayer. Sin is a blocker. Fight sin until you get rid of it. Or, he will get rid of you.
4. Pray according to God’s promises. God will not give you the faith to pursue what he has not given you. God wants to give you a husband but did he tell you it’s brother James? 1John 5:14-15
5. Pray believing. It is your understanding of God’s integrity that allows you to trust Him above all else. Pray with confidence that God will answer your prayer. Believe that you have received when you have prayed. Mark 11:24.
6. Pray in tongues. Praying in tongues is the way to solve mysteries and break down barriers. Romans 8:26.
7. Pray with fasting. There is a dimension of freedom and breakthrough that you cannot enjoy without adding fasting to your prayer. Matthew 17:21, “However, this kind only comes out through prayer and fasting.”
8. Pray with gratitude. Philippians 4:6,”Be careful for nothing; but in all things, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, make your petitions known to God. If you truly believe God’s promise, you will believe you have received when you pray and thank God abundantly as you wait for the manifestation.
9. Pray from a Kingdom motive and not from a selfish motive. James 4:3, “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, in order to consume it according to your lusts.” God blesses you for yourself, for others and for himself. God knows when you’re only asking for yourself. It’s easy to know. How have you distributed the previous blessings? Did you pay your tithing, did you show gratitude to God? Did you help anyone? What will be the impact of the breakthrough you are asking for on the kingdom of God? Tell God what the Kingdom of God will benefit from the answer to your prayer. Solomon asked for wisdom to govern Israel well. Anne asked for a son to be given to God.
10. Pray with passion. James 5:16b says, “The effectual and fervent prayer of a righteous man is very helpful.” Senseless prayer is worthless prayer. Don’t bother asking if you’re not serious.
11. Pray with patience. Hebrews 6:12, “Let you not be lazy, but follow those who by faith and patience inherit the promises. »
12. Pray long. Now, the Bible said to pray without ceasing. The breakthrough you want cannot be achieved in just 30 minutes of prayer.
When we talk about prayer, Jesus is our perfect example. He prayed all night Luke 6:12. He got up early to pray. He went further to pray. In the Garden of Gethsemane, as he faced the challenge of impending death on the cross, we know he prayed for at least three hours. He taught perseverance in prayer. Luke 18. He had so much power and authority. He demonstrated his mastery of creation.
Look, it wasn’t thirty minutes of prayer that saved Peter from being killed by Herod. The church prayed all night for his freedom! Acts 12:5, “So Peter was kept in prison; but the church kept praying to God for him.” God mobilized an angel in answer to the church’s prayer to release Peter from prison. They did not stop praying until Peter was released.
What is your Stone that the enemy keeps in prison? What is this precious thing that the enemy is trying to kill? What is that precious thing the enemy is trying to steal from you? Pray, pray and pray!
1. Ask God for a specific thing you want Him to do for you. Ask for something that will positively impact the Kingdom and humanity.
2. Pray for revival in the church.
3. Pray in tongues.
From today you will no longer pray in vain. I bind and cast out every demon guarding all that belongs to you, in Jesus’ Name. You will no longer labor in vain. Every plan of God in your life will be fulfilled, in Jesus’ Name. You will flourish as God intended, in Jesus’ Name!
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria and the President of Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.